Wednesday 7 September 2016

2 Heart attacks and a stroke......and God still has a purpose?


Two heart attacks and a stroke......
And God still has a purpose?
____________

This is the response of a very dear friend after I
told him that God still has a purpose for his life.

God doesn't measure purpose on the amount of money
we earn or the extent of our possesions.

One day as I pulled up at the petrol station, I saw
the lady attendant sitting on a crate in front of the Quick Shop.
She was deep in thought and after a moment she came 
to help me.  I handed her my only R100 (times were tough)
and ask her to throw only R90 in my car.  When she returned
with the change I told her she can keep it.  Tears welled up in her
 eyes  and she told me that as I were pulling up she was  
just wondering what her children would eat that 
night as she has nothing to give them.
  "ma'am"' she said: "this will buy a bread"

I thanked God that I was purposeful in that ladies life that day.

Small things can make a big difference in someone
else 's  life.  Sometimes I buy the girl behind the cash
register a Chocolate and soft drink and encourage her to
keep smiling because it's almost time to go home.

I don't tell you this to boast.  I want to encourage you
to make a difference in someones life even if it is
only a friendly word, a compliment, a thank you for the
one who helped you that day at the supermarket.  

Our purpose is to honour God in everything we do.

I don't always live up to this but the Holy Spirit is there
to convict me of any wrong doing.  One day I was annoyed
with someone at our local supermarket, and I had
to go back and ask for her forgiveness.  She couldn't believe
it when I returned to say sorry.

Your act of kindness can be the difference that person
was longing for.  Maybe the difference between life or death.
The difference between going on or just giving up.  

There was and is still people in my life God used for His
purpose.  To encourage me, to give me hope, to strenghten
my faith in the Almighty God. 

BE THE CHANGE YOU WISH TO SEE IN THE WORLD.
BE PURPOSEFUL IN SOMEONES LIFE.
SHOW THEM THE LOVE GOD HAS FOR THEM
THROUGH YOUR ACTS.

GOD PLEASE HELP ME TO BE PURPOSEFUL
IN SOMEONES LIFE.  I LOVE YOU WITH ALL 
MY HEART, ALL MY STRENGHT AND ALL MY BEING.
AMEN



No comments:

Post a Comment